Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Big Art Inspiration …

There is just something about it. 
I have always been a Sucker for Big Art.

I love the Impact.
The Unexpected SIZE.

I didn't get to visit the Kips Bay Showhouse this year and am bumming more than you could know!

So as I scour the web for all of the inspiration the Showhouse gives I found Elissa.

Take a look at this room, and you can see I fell hard.

 Some more photos from her website.


And don't for a minute think that Big Art is only about paintings or photographs.
Look at these Roman Shades.  Art in the Window.


Here the Art is Good.
But made better by the flanking mirrors and flowers.



And while you are thinking that the Art on the Back Wall 
is Small.
The Art is in the Beams.
Art Framing Art.



And, let's face it.
The Art of God and Nature Beats them All.


I feel a sense of gratefulness toward Elissa for her validation of Large Art.

Hope you are making a place for Big Art!

Making the World More Beautiful.  One Room at a Time.

xo,

kim

15 comments:

  1. Large art is where it at. I love the impact it has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love large pieces. I only have a couple of them, but they are my favorite pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love large pieces too! They make such an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing today! These photos are gorgeous and inspirational. Putting them in my mind's memory bank :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a big huge statement piece. I need more art in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have 1 huge wall for something like this Kim, only problem is finding the right art! Love the way your described the beams framing art - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go big or go home. In my remodel I've had bead board installed (to cover old drywall) and it's being painted black. In the end not much will be seen because I'm planning on large art. Think old fashioned scrapbooks with black paper. Some of my neighbors think I've gone deep end/goth. I'm optimistic that it will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to our Granddaughter we have a wonderful collection of large art. Nothing can beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I love it! That first bedroom is gorgeous! and I'm crazy about that window treatment with the roman shades. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim I adore the first bedroom image and love, love large statement works of art.....oils and fine art photography! Thank so much for sharing....
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  11. We actually have a fair bit of large art that's still not up on the walls. I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this home; decor, layout, modern aspect and especially that large opening to the beautiful living room Amazing! white-living-room-design-ideas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every room needs a statement piece and art is a great way to achieve that....

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are awesome room styles

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love big art. Our home is filled with mostly white painted walls in order to allow our art to "pop." Love this post!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...