Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Now You See It ... Now You Don't!

Have you ever noticed how quickly the "rip up and out" mode goes much faster than the "fix it" mode.

We are in the Up and Out mode still and I thought I'd share a few decisions and some design advice along the way ...

Our new kitchen I need more pantry space! And I cannot have a desk in the kitchen.  You know why?  Because I would pile it high with crap and that would make Don have a heart attack ... this is why I always find an out of the way place to do my design thing!!

While the movers were bringing in the boxes, Don was tearing down the cabinet and desk.  He is the Demo Man. 
Quite Proudly.

Now You see it ... 


Now You Don't ... 


In Process of becoming a Pantry ... 



I want clean and fresh in the kitchen.  

Flower Tile BackSplash.

Now you See it ... 


Now you Don't ...



Wooden Valance over the kitchen sink ... 

Now You see it ... 



Now You Still See it.
Yep, this one won.  There are pipes back there. UGH.  This is a "pretty" renovation, no moving of pipes allowed.  So here it stays.



I guess 2 out of 3 isn't so bad, huh?

We will have many more in this little Now you Do/Now you Don't Series.  

I will certainly keep you updated when each project is complete!

In the meantime, what little rip out changes have made you happy recently?

Making the World More Beautiful.  One Room at a Time.

xo,

kim

13 comments:

  1. Love this "series" you are doing. Can't wait for my creative ideas to start again.....have to sell first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, you are making things HAPPEN! I have a couple of small walls I'd love to have ripped out. When might Don be heading to Dallas? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. you didnt love the flower tile?? LOL. i cant believe how much you've gotten done. mom said you were quite busy with it but wow - you have made some huge progress! go you! (and don)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of a pantry to replace the desk...you can never have enough storage space! Looking forward to seeing what's replacing the tile. Elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup....bye bye desk in the kitchen and flowered tiles! I think you can work around that pipe valence so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great kim!!... makin progress is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a desk in my kitchen and it is a mess. Good for you! I love that you are getting it right at the beginning of your stay....however long it will last.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go! I love the pantry and the disappearance of the tile. I haven't ripped out anything per se, but we did get rid of decopauged walls in one of our rooms. That was HUGE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your husband GETS IT DONE! Can't wait to see the finished space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 out of 3 is great I think. That pantry is going to be amazing - I'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so fun!! You are living my dream ripping out tile and cabinetry!!!! So excited for you, and Don is a rockstar. Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to tear out my family room walls and carpet and replace my hallway carpet with hardwoods. Those top my list of a dozen things I need to do. Oh yeah I'd love to gut my kitchen. Love that pantry! Xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...