Monday, September 16, 2013

Down - Sizing ...

I hate dark paneled walls.  Period.
But I love this room.  

Why?
Let's break it down.

Amazing Art ... which gives light, life and flow.
Fantastic Chandelier.  A little Glitz for me.
Just a little bit cluttered.  You know I like some clutter.
Layered Oriental Rugs.  I think you aren't supposed to say Oriental.  But I like them.
Traditional ... another word for Classic ... Sofa.


VIA

I could drink a glass of tea in here ... or a glass of wine.  preferably, a glass of wine.  
But I'd do tea.

It has books (maybe it is a fake book table) but I like this.

There is a green plant coming out of the fireplace.  
And the blue and white bowl on the glass table.

Perfect for me.

As we "evolve" we learn more about ourselves.  I like small spaces.
I want to be cocooned when it gets dark at 4:30 in December.
I feel my cocoon beckoning me here.
What about you?  Do you like small, cozy rooms?

Making the World More Beautiful.  One Room at a Time.

xo,

kim

10 comments:

  1. Love that cozy vibe, but come spring and summer I'd probably be itching to paint the paneling, and leave the beams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This room has so much character. That ceiling! And everything in it looks collected over time. I'd need books in there, lots of books, and music, and wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like cozy spaces and the art and asian accents in that room! Have a great week.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That abstract is to die for and I'm crazy for the big blue and white bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your 'broke down' this room Kim! Never thought about what makes this gorgeous room, gorgeous!The huge abstract art truly lightened up one wall in the space and the whole set up is warm and cozy, lived-in because too of the 'clutter'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though it has dark walls they added so many objects to make it feel light and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post Kim because we have downsized tremendously and I love my small house because its comfortable and cozy! Now if I could just finish up a long list of projects here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's warm, cozy and love the artwork...such a great place to curl up with a book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The older I get the more I love small cozy rooms..I find that most of my girlfriends echo the same...more manageable maybe? Interesting...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...