Monday, April 29, 2013

Our Home ... The Closet!

Do your weeks seem to be flying by??  It is a little frantic around here, the school year seems to be operating on warp speed!  The Sun was Shining this past weekend which meant I was on a mission to get the porch furniture out of storage and ready for Summer.  I know, I am probably pushing it a little ... but it sure was nice puttering around out there feeling as if Summer is just a breath away! 

So a couple of weeks ago I started the tour of our home.  When I shared our bedroom and how we moved some walls to make it fit us better I really thought I was going to take you into the Closet next.  But then we snuck away a couple of days to Palm Beach ... and I had an inspiration to help make our closet a little more fun!

You've seen this ... this is what the original bedroom looked like when we bought the house.



Remember we turned the original closet and sitting room into our Bedroom.  Which left the room above available for our Closet!


Now don't get me wrong ... I love our closet ... lots of space and being able to really use this space keeps alot of the piles out of our actual bedroom making it much neater for us!

We have a lot of "gifts" from our kids on these dressers ... but it was just lacking.  

I have always been inspired by Tory Burch's closet.  Who hasn't???



You know I also fell in love with this bed and wallpaper at The Breakers.


So while I am in no mood (nor have them time right now) to paint everything white ... I so have the need to give the space a little more personality ... 

I went to Home Depot for inspiration!


Some Chartreuse Silk, Plastic Trellis and a piece of cut glass ...

Easy, inexpensive and just a little more Fun going on in the Closet!



The Chandelier was in the original bedroom ... It stayed put!


Close Up Detail of my "new" dresser top!


I don't always have fresh flowers in the Closet.  I do buy flowers weekly at the grocery store for the Kitchen and my Desk ... they just make things feel a little more special.  In the Summer it is even easier as I can generally pluck something out of our garden.



I truly despise fake flowers.  But I have them in here ... see the tulips peeking behind the picture frames?  I have had these for quite awhile and they actually look pretty good.  I do make exceptions.  Not very often!


I cleaned off the chair for the photo.  It generally is a landing place for ... Everything!


I'm kind of a belt girl.


We have done so many things to this house in the past 5 years ... and it was not the pretty stuff.  New Boiler, new furnace, new electrical ... all very much needed ... but it seems we are just really getting to the fun stuff.  Little by Little!


I do love my Cowboy boots ... and bought two Boot trays from Target ... the Smith & Hawken aisle ... one of my favorites!  And put them on top of my wire shelving.

Okay, it cannot compete with Tory's Closet ... small steps everyone, small steps!!

This is still a work in progress ... Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Are you "tweeking" anything this week?

xo,

kim

12 comments:

  1. Your closet looks awesome! Its a far cry from my walk in mess.
    You inspired me to show off my bedroom its up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a closet that size. The island is the perfect spot for exactly what you have on it. That rug is amazing, and feels really chic in a closet. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kim, what a great space! I'd say you're a belt, bracelet and boot girl ~ I'm requesting a fashion post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the detail you added. My closet is ridiculously small compared to yours so I'm definitely envious;)

    What aren't we tweaking? We're remodeling our entire home so there is always something going on here. Mostly the sound of money flying out the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your spacious closet. The trellis detail you added on your dresser looks fabulous, what a great idea!

    Thanks for sharing your space with us! :)

    Have a good day!

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Kim - what a closet...just love the transformation!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg kim - i know im supposed to comment on the closet - and i love it, lattice and all, and the light - but i LOVE your belts and boots!!! SOOOOOO CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Closets with chandeliers get me every time! Fab space!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did with your dresser top Kim - very creative indeed and I can see your wallpaper inspiration in it! My closet is not as big as yours and need a lot of work, but not for this week, too busy with kids activities for anything DIY for me. Love seeing others works though, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how organized your closet is.....Bethany is right...love your belts and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are always so creative!! What you did with the counter top was brilliant. Your closet looks fantastic. As a funny aside -- I'm in Dallas and do not own a single pair of cowboy boots. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...