Thursday, October 4, 2012

Gone to the Birds ...

I love them ... I don't know why ... I don't like birds really.  But birdcages ... old birdcages ... suck me in.  I have one in my house.  People question me.  Where are your birds?  



Source

Don't you want a plant or something in there?  My MIL thinks I need some greenery, she doesn't understand my love of old things.  But she is a treasure trove ... she brings me wonderful old things from her home.  She doesn't have to go to the dump ... just brings me the stuff and I couldn't be happier!!  

Bunny Williams
Do you want a bird? 

Elizabeth Street Antiques

I just like them. For some reason they appeal ... they are interesting.  With birds, you'd have to clean them ... ewww. Without birds, they just look pretty.  I like pretty!!




Pinterest

I have dogs ... I don't need anything/one to clean up after.  I just like them.  Remember this when I was thinking about the chickens?  Well thank the Lord, I came to my senses.  I am just investing in birdcages.  Well, Only One.  My family doesn't get that either ... but much better than the real thing.  Besides, I think my Dogs would have eaten those precious chickens!!

xo

kim

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. Birdcages=good, birds=yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the look of a vintage birdcage. As far as the birds go....they can stay outside tyvm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like two or three finches!!! in a wonderful, large metal birdcage (will have to wait for a bigger house though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple, too. Can't be bothered with noisy messy birds.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...