Friday, October 5, 2012

Fabrics and YaYa's ... no better therapy!

I like to touch fabrics.  It is kind of a sickness ... but it is also Therapy.  I love touching, feeling ... I want fabrics that not only look good, but feel good, physically AND mentally.



The three fabrics in the middle my client already has. Chair, Window Seat Cushion and MGBW Sofa  ... we are looking for a little fluff for the room. You know ... in Pillows.


Therapy day at Forsyth's ... I've mentioned them  before here ...  


I just threw them all in ... and started eliminating ... and re arranging ... quite like a puzzle ... but more than one possibility!

Then I popped over to Lewis and Sheron ... to throw in a few more superstars.


Open. Tight. Flowing.  Sounds like what I think a yoga class would be ... except for I don't do yoga.  But have thought about it and agree that it would be good for me.  In the meantime, I meditate with fabrics.


This mix and match all took place on the L&S cutting table.  They were extremely hospitable as I played and took photos and emailed my client. She was walking in the rain in Boston at the time and I filled her text message InBox with my Rambling Creations.


Enough ... I was hungry and ready for the next stop.  What I didn't expect, was to be stopped in my tracks.  You see, I will see my Ya Ya's and Erin tomorrow at the AU/Ark game in Auburn.  We have been planning this for days ... and as I step outside the door of L&S ... this license tag was parked next to me.  Yep ... a good day all around!!


We must not be the only YaYa's out there ... feeling a kindred spirit today. Except I am very envious.  I want this tag.  I think they might have noticed if I stole it.  So I didn't.

Damn!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and hope to see you all back next week ... thank you so much for continuing to check in with me!

xo,

kim

15 comments:

  1. Love that black and tan number! Great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your choices are spot on. I always get boggled down when given too many choices.

    YaYa's rule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I KNOW! Can it get any better than that!!!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE fabrics too...I could be very happily lost in piles of fabulous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love the brown/black one. is that quadrille? or a knock off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness such a bunch of gorgeous fabric! Have fun with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabrics are great! Will the client let us see the end results?
    Have a great weekend...looks like it's on a wonderful start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a fabric junkie too. Love any thing with patterns. Its the artist in me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fabric too! And that liscense plate it GREAT! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you're going to get your ya-ya fix and see Erin! I love the fabric choices! I love fabrics, too, but for me my therapy is to get my hands in some paint! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Lets catch up soon!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. KIM! This a day I would LOVE too. Those fabric combos are dynamite!! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your fabric choices! They are so warm and chic at the same time!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Kim!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog! That mural will be up for a year and a half, or so they say so you have a bit of time. It's right in Dewey Square across from South Station.

    I love fabric shopping so I can't go to a fabric store unless I'm prepared to buy something! I'm partial to that orange zebra {?!?} you have up there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...