Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bring in the Clams at Brimfield!

Large Clamshells have had a starring role for a while in decorating... I do love the look, but sometimes start to shy away from something because it seems so normal or expected.  Then, with the clamshell ... I still snoop around for a good buy and see if I can't incorporate one in my life in some way.  Here's the deal, the real ones, like this one, are pricey.  Brimfield was selling large ones for $600 - 800.00.  A little  (lot!) more than I want to pay!


While looking for something "new" this weekend I came across this absolutely drop - dead gorgeous Fan Coral ... It was exactly what I have been looking for to replace the clamshell urge.  I had it all planned in my head.  I bet they'll negotiate, it is late on Saturday and dealers are starting to pack up.  


My head was wrong ... price tag: $900.00.  No deals.  I had to leave it there, I hope it finds a warm home and will stunningly grace a sideboard somewhere and be happy!  It just won't be mine!!

So ... I have moved back to the clamshell!

Look how fun for a summer bar set up ...
Elle Decor

This is my favorite way to use a shell ... for a  floral display on a dining room table or sideboard.  I think the natural roughness is a beautiful contrast to a traditional polished wood piece of furniture.

Coastal Living

So, would you pay this money ... or would you opt for the Ballard Designs Resin look alike for $129.00??  Fake and reasonable, or real and pricey?

xo,

kim




3 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a couple of years now...I just haven't made the commitment yet, either. I'm not sure why? The Ballard's one is fine, although that fan one from above makes everything pale in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red cyclamen in the clam shell is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I wanted a clamshell, I would go for fake but I agree with you that its a little obvious. The coral fan, however, is something that I wish I had not seen. I want it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...