Friday, February 17, 2012

Still in Progress ...

but worth showing the coming together of this beautiful living room ... 


Chairs have always been my obsession.  They are like shoes.  A woman can never have too many. Don has even threatened me ... NO more chairs ... whenever I walk out the door to an antique show or flea market.  So, while I still stalk the chairs ... I am discovering a new passion.  The Lamp.  You may have seen this lamp when I blogged about this chair, you can read about it here.  



While we are pulling this room together, we had an unexpected addition!  This piece of furniture ... found in a barn, needing some love, got painted to go in the bedroom.  Well ... take a look, it now has a starring role in the living room.  And it needs a good back drop, don't you think? So a paneled wallpaper feature is in the making.  This gorgeous Zoffany Wallpaper is about to be our Star.




Next, bring on the light.  I am about to do something that I don't normally do.  I am going to mix metals.  The lamp above is gold.  The pulls on this dresser are silver (very art deco and we didn't want to change them) so we are hanging silver sconces.





Do you like to mix?  This is new to me ... I am kind of a "purest"!  But I am feeling pretty good about my first intentional mix!!


Have a wonderful weekend ... hope you mix it up ... whatever you do!


xo,


kim

1 comment:

  1. I remember that lamp. I love it. I like to mix it all up. Many of my friends would never mix wood tones or metals.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...